Take a break... Make some Cake!

My favorite fluffy chocolate cake!

After many Drs visit, decisions and future plans, I needed a break. When starting a clean eating diet the one thing I missed the most was a fluffy piece of chocolate cake! After trial and error, I now have an adapted recipe of my mom's chocolate cake that I can proudly serve to guests.

Dairy free, gluten free, sugar-free fluffy chocolate cake

Recipe:

250ml gluten free  Cake flour
15ml Baking powder
2ml salt
60ml cocoa
4 eggs - separated
125ml oil
125ml boiling water
5ml vanilla essence
250ml coconut sugar
* please note: I added an extra 5ml of Psyllium Husks as my gluten free cake mix did not contain any.

Method:
1) Sieve together the flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa into large bowl


2) Separate the eggs


3) Beat the egg whites with a very clean beater until they form stiff white peaks
4 ) Beat the egg yolks
5) In a medium bowl mix the oil, boiling water and vanilla essence and coconut sugar
6) Add the beaten egg yolks to the large flour mixture.
7) Add the oil mixture to the flour mixture
8) Fold in the stiff white egg. - don’t over mix but make sure that it is smooth

9) Put mixture into two circle tins. Line your tins with baking paper

10) Bake at 180° for 20 min




Icing:
I used coconut cream
Use only the creamy top of a coconut cream tin. Add Cocoa and sweetener as desired.

Comments:
'It actually tastes like normal cake' - IP
'I like the cake, but not the icing ' - GM
'It's fluffy and not dry, you can make it again' NK

Try it out and let me know what you think!


Comments

  1. Oh my goodness! I'm so excited about this recipe! Thank you!pinning for later. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that it is gluten and dairy free so I can actually eat it. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Exercise for Myasthenia Gravis: a necessity not a luxury

All you need to know about shelf-life and storage of Mestinon

Therapeutic Journaling